GEW 2012 in Zambia
GEW Global staff
Mar 01, 2013
The 2012 Global Entrepreneurship Week started earlier in the year about May 2012 with the key activities including;
- Zambia Start-up Cup business model competition may to November 2012
- The Creating the future Conference 11th August, 2012 attracting over 2000 young people through various workshops ie; general motivation, entrepreneurship, leadership, business finance and others.
- May to November 2012 promoting national–wide financial literacy & business planning activities skills training of SMEs across the country.
- The 500 km two weeks Global Entrepreneurship Week campaign walk from Lusaka to Livingstone.
- The 2012 Global Entrepreneurship was officially launched by Hon. Richard Taima, Deputy Minister of Commerce Trade & Industry on Monday 19th November,2012.
- The 2012 Global Students Entrepreneurship Awards, unfortunately the national champion colud not attend the finals in USA due to Visas problem.
- 19th to 24th November, 2012 ELIF Business Solutions ltd, in collaborations with Zanaco Bank plc carried out five one financial literacy and business planning training workshops.
The SME Toolkit and ELIF Business Solutions ltd has since earned the national-wide recognition in youth Entrepreneurship development and small and medium enterprise development as seen by the team invitation to all key national Entrepreneurship and SMEs development forums. Currently the SME Toolkit is chairing the National Youth Day Cerebrations–Sub-Committee on Youth Entrepreneurship and Exhibition running 7th to 9th March, 2013 and Cerebrations on the 12th March, 2013.03.01.
The team has also been part of the national entrepreneurship training policy consultative meeting, including the national Youth employment policy and programmes review session.