DECA IDEA CHALLENGE
What is the Idea Challenge?
DECA is excited to bring you another year of the DECA Idea Challenge, a fast-paced experiential learning exercise that dares elementary, secondary and college students to find an innovative new use for a common, everyday item.
A featured event of Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW), the DECA Idea Challenge is a fast-paced, hands-on learning experience that dares students around the globe to generate an innovative new use for a commonplace item in just eight days. After organizing into groups, students must
· access the challenge item online once it is revealed
· collaborate as a team to produce an original and sustainable use for the item
· pitch their invention in an engaging YouTube video presentation
· submit entry online by the deadline
The item to be used in the challenge will remain a mystery until revealed by DECA Inc. on November 12, 2015 at 12:01 AM EST.
DECA membership is not a requirement to participate in the competition, so be sure to tell everyone you know about this compelling idea generator! You don’t want to miss out! For additional information, please contact Michelle Walker at .
DECA Idea Challenge 2014 winners!
DECA Idea Challenge 2014 High School/Collegiate
Winner: Delivering the News, South Central College (North Mankato, Minn.)
DECA Idea Challenge 2014 Middle School/Elementary School
Winner: AA & E, The Harker School (San Jose, Calif.)
Get the competition discussion going by viewing the previous DECA Idea Challenge global winners below:
- DECA Idea Challenge 2013 Global Winning Team—The Working Bees
- DECA Idea Challenge 2012 Global Winning Team—Team EcoWear
Follow DECA on Twitter @DECAInc.